
Happy Valentine’s Day!
We have read all of the many love stories that have been sent in this week, and after much deliberating have chosen a winner! It was so hard for us to simply pick one favorite love story, so we first narrowed it down to twelve favorite entries and then drew the winner out of a hat at random.
Here are the twelve finalists:
- Kimberly Keasler
- Jessica Quinones
- Whitney Hemphill
- Angie Hall-Scott
- Earon Viviano
- Jennifer Custer
- The Waldrops
- Bree Milrod
- Eric and Bethany Eledge
- Sherry Miller
- Heather and Matthew Carlson
- Rose Cloud
And now, to announce the winner…
The winner of the Love Story contest is Bree Milrod from Chattanooga, TN! Bree and her husband Luke will receive a free Love Story Session, which is a $140 value, with Carrie Workman Photography and also one free 8×10 of their session!
Thank you to everyone who participated! We loved reading all of your love stories and wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day with your sweetie!
Also, be sure to check out our main website at www.carrieworkman.com!
Here is the winning story of Bree and Luke Milrod:
My husband, Luke, and I met in high school. We were from different cities and both of our youth groups went on the same missions trip one summer. After the missions trip, we kept in touch for about 8 months until we saw each other again at a youth convention. That weekend we both realized we liked each other a little more than “just friends.” We started talking everyday on the phone for a few weeks before we decided to make it “official.” (which was kind of funny b/c we lived an hour away from each other and neither of us could drive yet.) We dated througout high school seeing each other about once a month, when we could talk one of our parents into driving us to see the other.
After high school I went to an internship/ministry training program where you were not allowed to date your first year. So, Luke’s freshman year at Lee, my first year in the program, we had to break up. We didn’t talk to each other, email, or see each other for a year. No contact what so ever. It was really difficult, but we both knew it was the right thing. We both spent that entire year really cultivating our relationship with God, drawing so much closer to Him than ever before. (without each other as distractions:) It was really a big test on our relationship, but one that we did well at. After that year, and a lot of maturing and spiritual growth on our parts, we started dating again. We dated for another year and a half before Luke proposed to me. I was in my third year of my ministry internship up in Rockford, IL and Luke was down here in Tennessee. (We saw each other at holidays and spring break during this time.)
In Jan. 2005 Luke had secretely coordinated w/my friends to come up and surprise me. One friend was in charge of distracting me all evening, one was in charge of decorating the “proposal spot” and one was in charge of picking him up from the airport. It was 11:00 at night when I got a phone call that a friend needed me to meet her at the church. (all of this for some reason I didn’t think was strange.) So we go over to meet her and as I walk into the sanctuary I see Luke standing on the stage, surrounded by candles and rose petals. Once I walked up to him, there was a rose and sitting on a chair along w/the lyrics to a song he had written me. I sat, crying, as he sang my song. Afterward, he knelt down and said some really sweet things, (that I can’t remember:) and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. To which of course I said yes. All of my friends came running out of the corners to congratulate us. It was absolutely the perfect propsal, I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
Our whole relationship (5 years) had been long distance until we got married in Dec. 2005. (I walked down the aisle to the same song he sang when he proposed, it was a surprise to him!) Now we’ve been married for three wonderful years, and I actually get to see him everyday!!!! (instead of on holidays and spring break!)
No comments:
Post a Comment